Long Term Product Support: Overview
There are a number of reasons a product may be discontinued. In many cases, as products mature they are replaced by richer technology. Other reasons for the discontinuation include changing industry standards, lack of demand from the market, significant changes in the product itself, or the technology has come to a point where it is no longer cost effective.
ATI recognizes the importance of establishing milestones to help its customers navigate through the life cycle of a product and the impacts this may have on their networks or infrastructure. These milestones include:
(1) Announcement Date: The date of the official notification letter announcing that the discontinuation process for a particular product has begun. After this date, all orders received are non-cancelable and non-refundable.
(2) Last Order Date: The last date on which the product can be ordered from ATI.
(3) Last Shipment Date: This is the latest date by which all final orders of the product will be shipped from the factory.
(4) Last Planned Service Date: Standard support and repair services are available for the product until this date. After the Last Planned Service Date, ATI will continue to offer annual calibration services and limited support, as long as commercially viable.
The intent of these milestones is to assist our customers in better managing the end-of-life transition and to understand the role ATI plays in helping migrate to an alternative platform or technology.
This policy applies to product End-of-Life announcements made in all geographies on or after May 17, 2018 for all ATI’s products. The policy does not apply to products that have already reached their Last Order Date and/or Last Shipment Date.
General Policy Guidelines
1. When making product discontinuation transitions, ATI will provide 9-12 months of notice whenever possible between the Announcement Date and the Last Shipment Date. These announcements will be posted on ATI’s website at atitest.co.uk. You are encouraged to visit this site regularly as it contains useful information on ATI’s product discontinuation process.
2. Once the Last Shipment Date has been reached, ATI will continue to provide technical support, repair service, and replacement parts for the length of time equal to the warranty period of the product being discontinued (varies by product). During this time, any hardware failures covered by warranty will be repaired or replaced at ATI’s discretion. Replacements will be made with identical product whenever possible; however, ATI reserves the right to replace with an alternative, functionally equivalent product. Extended service contracts cannot be purchased after the Last Shipment Date.
3. The diagram below illustrates our product lifecycle phases for ATI’s products, as well as the standard guidelines for product End-of-Life milestones.
End-of-Life Planning Horizon
4. Policy for supporting Operating System Software and Firmware, and Application Software
a. Operating System Software and/or Firmware for discontinued products (products that are in the Passive or Limited lifecycle phase): Prior to the Last Shipment Date for the product, ATI shall provide maintenance releases, workarounds or patch releases. After the Last Shipment Date and up to the Last Planned Service Date, only critical bugs reported to ATI’s Technical Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org without available workarounds will be addressed either with a patch release or an upgrade to a newer release version. After the Last Service Date, no support will be available for the product.
b. Application Software, or Operating System Software and Firmware for active hardware: For the most current release of the software, ATI shall provide maintenance releases, workarounds or patch releases for validated bugs reported to ATI’s Technical Support Team at email@example.com for a period of two years from the initial release date or until a newer release is made available, whichever comes first. Critical bugs without available workarounds found in prior release versions will be addressed with either a patch or an upgrade to a newer release version.